Director, Lincoln Center Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Lincoln Center seeks an entrepreneur who is steeped in the arts to oversee development and implementation of The Performing Arts Hall of Fame, an important new initiative at the world’s largest performing arts center.
The Hall of Fame, which inaugurates its first class in June 2017, includes performing arts greats Audra McDonald, Harold Prince, Louis Armstrong, Yo-Yo Ma, Placido Domingo and Leontyne Price. In addition to the annual induction ceremonies, future Hall of Fame events and activities will include pop-up exhibitions incorporating cutting-edge digital technology as well as longer-term installations at and near the Lincoln Center complex. The purpose is to celebrate the greats in a new way while inspiring the next generation of performing arts lovers. The Hall of Fame will reach back and reinterpret the past, using technology to bring it alive. Ultimately, it will draw new audiences to the Center and develop new lines of earned and contributed income.
The Director will steward a group of Lincoln Center trustees who comprise the Hall of Fame Steering Committee. S/he will also convene and facilitate the nominating and voting committees. At the staff level, s/he will collaborate with fellow Lincoln Center staff members and external parties in fundraising, sponsorship, marketing, digital experiences, and programming areas.
• Responsibility for the development and implementation of the Hall of Fame. Oversee and coordinate all operating aspects of the Hall of Fame, including:
o Conducting annual induction process
o Envisioning exhibitions and special events
o Developing the Hall of Fame concept as a new line of business, extending Lincoln Center’s reach and contributing to its operating budget
o Supporting education and community engagement initiatives
o Cultivating relationships with artists of the highest caliber
• Manage the Hall of Fame budget, ensuring fiscal responsibility and big and bold idea development.
• Lead and manage the Hall of Fame staff, providing expertise and stature, and modeling entrepreneurial, executive and operational excellence of all Hall of Fame components.
• Remain accountable to stakeholders, Board, funders, and visitors.
• Evaluate and lead opportunities for curated installations/exhibitions at the Hall of Fame and develop opportunities to extend Lincoln Center’s reach globally.
• Work with colleagues in Lincoln Center Marketing, Corporate Sponsorships, and Planning & Development to develop strategy and support revenue generation.
• Work with Lincoln Center Brand Design Studio to spearhead design and branding of the Hall of Fame to build upon and capture the quality and excellence of the Lincoln Center brand.
• Work closely and alongside General Counsel on involvement of HOF Steering Committee members, including communication, meeting scheduling and preparation.
• Stature in the performing arts, an entrepreneurial track record, and a commitment to ensuring the Hall of Fame lives up to Lincoln Center’s reputation for quality and excellence.
• An ability to build relationships and grow productive working relationships with all functional leaders of Lincoln Center.
• 5-8 years of business development experience, including structuring and negotiating deals, incubating new business ideas, and writing pitches and proposals.
• Strong budgeting skills with the ability to forecast expenses and revenues.
• Proven ability to work across a large institution and mobilize an interdepartmental team.
• Experience with audience curation and targeted content development/storytelling.
• Strong critical thinking, strategic, and communication skills.
• Experience incubating, developing, and running a Hall of Fame, museum, or experience-oriented attraction.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA preferred.
Please submit a resume and cover letter (with salary requirements and outlining your interest in Lincoln Center) to the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Please list: Director, Hall of Fame in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center is an equal opportunity employer.