Title: Full Stack Developer
Lincoln Center Digital is a new group at Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts. We are focused on developing one of a kind, unique consumer experiences online, on mobile devices and physically across our 16-acre campus. We are a dynamic and energetic in-house digital group looking to push boundaries in the digital space. The digital technical team has the incredible opportunity to build solutions across a broad range of performing arts experiences. In short, what we imagine as an organization, we in technology get to build. You will not find yourself in a small box of what you are able to deliver. Instead, you will be expected to come to the table with possibilities and solutions.
Lincoln Center’s digital strategy is stretching beyond selling tickets. We are building the premiere digital place to experience the arts through video, editorial content, live-streaming, original forms of digital storytelling and even VR/AR. We are looking for a talented, passionate developer to help break boundaries, do the impossible and build in digital reality and new interactive ways for patrons to experience Lincoln Center and the performing arts around the world. Our biggest venue will be in the cloud.
The candidate must have the ability to both brainstorm on how to build something but also build it. Our small team is also responsible for current state support of various micro sites, the main website and smartphone applications and all team members will have a variety of tasks. Although we are a non-profit organization, we are a fast moving group with multiple projects on the go at all times. We are looking for a hands-on individual who has attention to detail and a concept of the end goal and can handle multiple priorities at once. This position will report to the Technology Director, Consumer Experiences of Digital.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
◦ Work closely with the Technology Director and team to architect and create various technical solutions to numerous digital requests including websites and iOS / Android apps
◦ Maintain & update existing code repositories for client web sites and applications
◦ Develop creative concepts for various web and digital initiatives
◦ Ability to lead and follow as a given project requires. This means being a self driven and motivated developer but also a strong and capable team-member assisting when other colleagues are leading development efforts
◦ Wear many hats in a small development team and fill-in whenever possible without having to be explicitly told what to do
◦ 3+ years of professional work experience
◦ Web Server Technologies: Apache, Rackspace, load balancers, etc.
◦ Web Databases: Mongo or MySQL or MS SQL
◦ Strong scripting language skills: PHP with a focus on OOP and MVC design pattern, Node.js
◦ PHP frameworks (CakePHP, Laravel)
◦ Experience building CMS sites (Drupal, WordPress, Statamic)
◦ Versed in code repository software (Git, Subversion, etc.)
◦ Analytics Platforms (Google Analytics or other)
◦ Experience with uptime monitoring: Gomze, Dynatrace
◦ Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) is an XML-based vector image format for two-dimensional graphics with support for interactivity and animation.
◦ AWS / Server management skills
◦ iOS and Android app development
◦ Accessibility, queueing systems, uptime monitoring, load testing
Please send a cover letter (including your salary requirements and interest in Lincoln Center) and resume to our email@example.com inbox. Please list "Full Stack Developer" in the subject line.
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center is an equal opportunity employer.