Performance Porter Job Description
Performance Porters work in the Concert Halls department and are responsible for the general cleanliness and maintenance of the theaters and spaces used during events, both in preparing the spaces with necessary event set ups and in assisting and directing patrons during events. Porters are relied upon to interact with patrons on a regular basis, and must have experience in customer service.
Porters must be very diligent in their responsibilities and be able to multi-task in an ever-changing, fast paced environment. They must maintain clear communication with their colleagues and managers, in order to ensure all spaces are correctly set and ready for events.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide assistance to patrons during events at David Geffen Hall and Alice Tully Hall, including operating elevators, escorting patrons who may have limited mobility, and providing general directions and performance and campus information.
• Porters also may assist with directing crowds in the lobbies, and must have customer service experience, in order to provide the utmost in guest care to all patrons.
• Prepare concert halls for events by setting Playbills for distribution and completing any setups, including tables, chairs, sign holders, and rope and stanchion.
• Maintain the venues by completing daily and weekly cleaning and maintenance. This includes, but is not limited to, removing and rearranging furniture (tables, chairs, easels, etc.), transporting and distributing flyers and signage, bathroom maintenance, and cleaning equipment (stanchions, sign holders, chairs).
• Report any items in need of repair to the Management Porter and Performance Managers, both of whom they report to.
Performance porters work a flexible schedule from week-to-week, and will work evenings and weekends. Applicants must be able to meet the physical demands of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, including but not limited to, the ability to lift at least 50 lbs., climb multiple flights of stairs, and stand for extended periods of time.
The wages and benefits for the Performance Porter position are subject to the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between Lincoln Center and Local 32 BJ SEIU. Performance Porters will become members of the union, according to the terms of the Agreement.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to the email@example.com inbox.
Please list: Performance Porter in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center is an equal opportunity employer.