Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc.
Title: Part Time Usher
Department: Concert Halls
Reports to: Performance Manager
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts is open to the public and operational on a 24x7, 365-day basis. Part Time Ushers are scheduled on an event basis, and must be available to work during matinee, evening, and weekend performances. Hours of work will vary based on performance schedules and business need. This is a union-represented position and employees are required to join Local 306 IASTE.
Individuals in the role of a Part Time Usher are required to perform the following duties:
• Greet patrons attending events presented at David Geffen Hall and Alice Tully Hall.
• Assist patrons with mobility devices, and those requiring seating assistance within the Hall.
• Provide accurate information about an event or venue upon request, including directions within and outside of the Hall, and other venues or attractions on campus.
• Ensure performance house rules, such as entry, exit, late seating, photography etc. are adhered to, and maintain access control to performance areas.
• Notify supervisory staff and/or security staff of any emergency situations immediately as they occur.
• Exemplify guest excellence characteristics in all interactions with patrons, guests, and fellow co-workers.
Proven customer service experience. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to multi-task and problem solve in a fast-paced environment. Able to work on weekends and/or weekdays as the scheduling needs dictate, flexibility is a must.
Please send cover letter and resume by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please list: Part Time Usher in the subject line.
Lincoln Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.