Temporary Part-Time Project Accountant
Lincoln Center Development Project
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) serves three primary roles: it is the world’s leading presenter of superb artistic programming, is a national leader in arts education and community relations, and functions as the manager of the Lincoln Center campus.
Lincoln Center Development Project (LCDP) is the department leading the planning, design and construction of the renovation of David Geffen Hall.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer of the Lincoln Center Development Project, the Temporary Part-Time Project Accountant will be responsible for maintaining the accounting records including general ledger as well as internal controls in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles for Lincoln Center Development Project (LCDP). This position will also be responsible for assisting the Chief Operating Officer (COO), maintaining accounting work papers, maintaining logs, preparing analysis schedules, receiving, coding and processing invoices for payment and assisting in the monthly preparation of funding requests and various financial based reports. Additionally, the Temporary Part-Time Project Accountant will assist the COO in the preparation of yearly audited financial statements, Board of Director and Audit Committee presentations, as well as other special projects.
• Validate the mathematical accuracy of all invoices and construction requisitions as compared to contract values
• Assign general ledger account codes to all invoices
• Input invoices in accounting system and scan documents into document management system
• Compile monthly draws for review and approval
• Assist COO in cash flow and budget preparations
• Work in conjunction with accounting consultant on various projects, year-end audits, and financial statements
• Maintain Log of Contractor Insurance certificates
• Compile and collate monthly funding request report to constituent organizations
• Assist COO in the preparation of various financial based reports to New York Philharmonic, Board of Directors, Public Funding Agencies (if applicable) and Lincoln Center for Performing Arts, Inc.
• 2-4 years of experience in accounting and budgeting preferably as project accountant at a construction company or construction management company
• Strong multi-tasking experience in a fast paced environment with an ability to adapt to rapidly changing demands and priorities
• Excellent problem solving abilities and attention to detail
• Working knowledge of Word and advanced Excel skills
• Experience with Sage 300 (Timberline) is preferred, Newforma, or similar project management software packages is desired
• Must be reliable and punctual
• Must be willing and able to work in an open collaborative work space
• BS Degree in Accounting, public accounting experience helpful but not required
Please submit a resume and cover letter (with salary requirements and outlining your interest in Lincoln Center) to the email@example.com inbox. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Please list: Temporary Part-Time Project Accountant, LCDP in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center is an equal opportunity employer.